Psychedelic therapy in the Netherlands
In the Netherlands you can currently receive psychedelic therapy with four different legal psychedelic substances. Psilocybin therapy is done with magic truffles, psiloflora with magic truffles and passion flower, LSD therapy with a legal LSD analogue and MDMA therapy is also done with a legal MDMA analogue. In all therapies, patients are guided by a professional therapist who helps them explore and process their thoughts and emotions. Furthermore, all psychedelic therapies are based on the idea that psychedelics can help break through psychological blocks and promote personal growth and healing. Psilocybin and LSD therapy are usually used to treat mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety disorders and post-traumatic stress disorder, while MDMA therapy is mainly used to treat trauma and PTSD. Psiloflora is currently mainly used in a spiritual context.
This is a form of therapy that uses psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms, to treat mental illness. Psilocybin therapy usually involves 1 one or two sessions with a dose of psilocybin 15-45mg psilocybin under the supervision of a professional therapist. During the psilocybin sessions, patients are usually encouraged to explore and process their thoughts and feelings. Psilocybin therapy is mainly used for the following:
- Depression: Psilocybin therapy can help treat depression by improving mood and promoting emotional regulation. Clinical studies have shown that psilocybin can have a long-lasting antidepressant effect, even after just one dose.
- Anxiety disorders: Psilocybin therapy can also be used to treat anxiety disorders, such as panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. It can help reduce anxiety and promote emotional processing.
- Addiction: Psilocybin therapy can be used to treat addiction, especially tobacco and alcohol addiction. It can help reduce cravings and promote motivation to stop using addictive substances.
- Spiritual growth and personal development: Psilocybin therapy can also be used for spiritual growth and personal development. It can help promote introspection, self-reflection and a sense of connection with others and nature.
LSD therapy is a form of therapy in which a legal form of LSD, a synthetic hallucinogenic substance, is used to treat, for example, mental disorders. LSD therapy is done less often than psilocybin therapy because the effects are longer lasting. A first psychedelic session with psilocybin is then a good test of whether the psychedelic sessions work out well. During LSD sessions, patients are usually encouraged to explore and process their thoughts and feelings by letting them run wild. LSD sessions are typically used for the following situations:
- Anxiety disorders: LSD therapy can be used in the treatment of anxiety disorders, such as social anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder. It can help reduce anxiety and improve communication and connection with others.
- Depression: LSD therapy can be used in the treatment of depression, especially when combined with psychotherapy. It can help improve mood and reduce depressive symptoms.
- Cluster headaches: LSD therapy can be used in the treatment of cluster headaches, a rare condition that causes intense headaches. In some cases, LSD may be effective in reducing the frequency and intensity of cluster headaches.
- Creativity: LSD therapy can be used to promote creativity and remove blocks that hinder creative expression. Some artists and writers have used LSD to enhance their creativity.
Read more about LSD therapy
MDMA therapy uses a legal analog of MDMA to treat mental illnesses. This MDMA analogue has the same therapeutic properties as MDMA. MDMA therapy usually involves multiple sessions of MDMA-assisted talk therapy, where the patients explore their emotions and traumatic experiences without feelings of fear under the guidance of a professional therapist. With a lower anxiety experience, you can work on:
- PTSD: MDMA therapy can be used in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It can help reduce anxiety, re-experiencing, and avoidance. In clinical studies, MDMA-assisted psychotherapy has been shown to be effective in the treatment of PTSD.
- Anxiety disorders: MDMA therapy can also be used in the treatment of anxiety disorders, such as social anxiety disorder. It can help reduce anxiety and improve communication and connection with others.
- Couples therapy: MDMA therapy can be used in couples therapy to improve communication, connection and intimacy between partners.
Read more about MDMA therapy here
Which psychedelic session suits you?
The many choices between psychedelic sessions and providers doesn’t make it any easier! Regarding the providers, we recommend that you choose one that is on the first page of Google (not the advertisers at the top). The companies you find on the first page have usually been in business for longer and have more experience. However, do you want advice on which remedy suits you and a health check? Then fill in the intake at Trip therapy.
Proceed to the intake at Triptherapie